Designers T erms of Use
Selling on alnol
Designer terms and conditions
- alnol E-commerce marketplace owned by SolutionAid Egypt, a limited liability company registered in Egypt under license number 1703, with its office address 1013, M4, D2, 6th of October Cairo Giza.
Each product type must be accurately described against the correct business model. When the product is stocked by you and delivered to the customer by us, you must process the order within 24 Hours. We reserve the right, by the Designer performance program, to suspend or block your account for (a) your delivery delays against the agreed timeline; b) a high level of returns; c) negative reviews from customers; and/or (d) cancellation of a confirmed order by a customer .
- In addition to your obligations set in the Legal Documents, and unless otherwise agreed by us, you agree to:
(a) deliver products following the Packaging Requirements and other instructions we notify you of in writing in advance;
(b) package and transport products safely and in such a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to the product;
(c) obtain all necessary documentation, legal permits, and consents to sell your products listed on alnol;
(d) arrange pick-up of products that are the subject of a return, replacement, exchange request or products rejected by us at the quality check stage* ;
(f) remain responsible for after-, and services, guarantees, and maintenances, and defects;
(g) comply with our instructions regarding your products or use of our Services, including removing listings of products that violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, arranging delivery to our warehouse or pick-up of returns or similar matters;
(h) Send us your tax card details and any additional information requested by us. All registration details or requested information provided to us must be accurate and correct, and
(j) you shall be liable to pay all related taxes to the local Tax Authority.
- You accept that products returned due to cancellation by a customer or a quality check failure will be returned to you within seven (7) working days. Products marked as non-deliverable and customer-initiated returns will be returned to you within twenty-one (21) working days or within thirty or as communicated to you a different timeline from time to time . Otherwise, a product or an order will be marked as lost due to a logistical inconvenience. The Designer will be compensated only with the order or the product’s total published price on alnol.
- You may choose to keep the quality check passed product with us for future potential sales. Furthermore, the quality check failure product will be returned to you, and based on the product’s condition only if you proved that it wasn't damaged before handing it to us or our courier partners , alnol will pay you a fee for such damages as mentioned in our Packing Guidelines for Direct Shipping . Under no circumstances will you have the right to reject the returned products; however, you may raise a dispute within fourteen (14) days of receiving the returned products.
- You accept that you may be charged an amount up to 100% of the price of a product, where you refuse to accept and fulfill an order for the following reasons, including but not limited to:
(a) the product is out of stock on your side, despite being listed with stock on your Designer account; or was listed and live on the site but is out of stock; and
(b) you submitted the wrong product price on your account.
- Furthermore, you agree that:
(a) at our sole discretion, we may, for operational or any other reason, choose to purchase the product from you and resell to the buyer; and, in such case, your obligations under this section 4, including without limitation, warranty, returns policy, and payment terms will remain applicable to the buyer who first made the order on the site as if the sale was direct to that buyer.
(c) in circumstances where we stock your product, we have the right to dispose of or otherwise do as we please with your product(s), following our return to vendor (RTV) policy and process as specified in the Service Annex, if you do not arrange for delivery to you or pick-up of the product(s), or for any reason reject or fail to receive the RTV items within the duration notified to you by us, in the case of a) rejection by us; b) return by a customer; or c) your request for stock return, within the period designated to your chosen business model starting from the date we notify you of the rejection return, or confirmation of stock return.
(e) to facilitate transactions between you and the buyer, we will raise invoices and credit notes on your behalf, based on the tax card details you provide per clause 4.2 (h). Such invoices and credit notes shall be provided to you in electronic format; and
(f) unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the primary invoicing relationship is between you and the customer. Therefore, you will not issue any invoices to us for the products. Only a packing list or delivery slip can be issued to us.
(g) you will have the sole discretion to choose and amend the pricing of products manually via our pricing and price list management tools. Per clause 4.6 (b), all orders made by customers with incorrect pricing must be honored and fulfilled, and you shall fully bear any costs or liabilities due to pricing errors.
Direct Shipping Model
Under the direct shipping setup, where ordered items are stocked at the designer side, picked up from the designer's pickup location (As defined under designer account), in case of returns or exchange, the quality check is performed by the designer.
Using alnol designer dashboard and order processing module, it is possible for designers to upload the product images before shipping for reference in case of disputes and customer complaints cases.
In the case of the consignment model, where products are stocked at alnol’s side, shipped directly to the customers from alnol’s facilities, quality checks are performed by alnol. Under this setup alnol will make sure that the performed quality checks are suitable for the product type and will ask for training for its staff in case needed from a designer where applicable.
Fees and Payments
- Using an alnol shop ( website & or the app ) is free of charge; however, You ( as a Designer) will be charged for sales through alnol’s Services. This Fees & Payments Policy explains your fees (Sales commissions and other costs) and taxes and how to pay them.
(a) Types of Fees
Sellers may be required to pay the following types of fees. Please note that all fees are listed, inclusive of value-added tax (VAT) that may apply. See the Taxes section below for further details.
(i) Processing Fee
Sellers will be charged a 7.5 EGP processing fee (for each order sold) for items above 50 EGP.
(ii) Commission Fee
Sellers will be charged a commission fee (per item sold) for all items sold with any value. Below is a table that shows the Commission % per category.
Home & Decor
beauty & Personal Care
(b) Fee Avoidance
Any action by a Designer to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited by alnol. This includes, for example, encouraging Customers to purchase an item in your alnol shop through another venue. A transaction initiated on alnol may not be completed off of alnol. The price stated in each listing description must accurately represent the sale. Designers may not alter the item's price after a sale to avoid alnol transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user's account without permission.
(c) Paying your alnol Fees
Your statement is available in your payment account at the beginning of each month and will detail all sales and fees activity from the preceding month. alnol will automatically calculate applicable fees (Sales commission and processing fees collectively named as fees) and deduct it from your sales on alnol. Net sales will be transferred to your bank account defined in your Designer account monthly.
Alnol may suspend your selling privileges at any time pending payment of your outstanding balance.
(d) Y ou agree that alnol will hold a minimum amount in your balance to cover any negative balances from returns, fees, or penalties, the amount will be decided according to your products category and should not exceed 20% of total sales proceeds for the same period. It will be shown in your balance dashboard, to withdraw this amount you have to wait for more than 14 days of your last sale.
A 14% VAT on ALL Fees applicable to all sold items.
- We or our affiliated business or third parties engaged in providing the Services may charge you for: (a) listing products; (b) a percentage of a sales transaction; (c) using our delivery, warehousing, and logistics services; (d) payment processing fees, chargeback or related fees; (e) customs or other taxes we may incur in providing you with the Services; (f) costs we may incur if you breach clause 4.2; and (g) other fees that will be notified to you in advance.
- We or our affiliated business or third parties engaged in providing the Services will raise invoices for our service fees to you. Further, you authorize us to submit invoices on your behalf for any services provided by you to us.
- You can verify sales reports through your account, where reports will include the amount successfully collected for your products minus applicable fees (“Sales commission and processing fees collectively named as fees”).
- Sale Proceeds will be paid to your bank account on a monthly occurrence. Sales Proceeds can be credited only to bank accounts in Egypt or any other country as shown on the site as supported by our standard functionality and enabled for your account. We shall not be liable for any incorrect bank account details provided by you and the consequences thereof.
- To authorize payments to you, we may be required to create an account for you with our third-party payment processors, including accepting their standard terms and conditions and submitting your details to them on your behalf. You authorize us to do so, and we shall not be liable to you for any damage or loss you may incur as a result.
- You agree that we may choose to offer discounts on your products. In such an instance, we will include a discount on the invoice raised from us to the buyer and pay for this discount by adjusting our commission.
- Suppose you have provided your tax card registration details. In that case, we will issue the invoice to the customer on your behalf and remit the total amount collected from the buyer less any of our commissions.
(a) withhold all and any amounts owing to you to recover from such amounts, all losses or damages suffered by a customer or us, as solely determined by us, including: (i) products that infringe a third party’s intellectual property rights; or (ii) your fraudulent conduct.
(b) upon suspension or termination of your account or your use of the Services, set off against any payments to be made to you, an amount determined by us to be adequate to cover chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or other amounts paid to customers in connection with your sale transactions for a three (3) month period. At the end of such three (3) month period following suspension or termination, we will disburse you any amount not used to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments, or such other amounts paid to customers or seek reimbursement from you via any of the following for any additional amount required to offset chargebacks, refunds, adjustments or other charges paid to customers, as applicable: (i) by deducting from future payments owed to you; (ii) reversing any credits to your account; (iii) charging your credit card; or (iv) seeking such reimbursement from you by any other lawful means. You further authorize us to use any or all of the foregoing methods to seek reimbursement, including debiting your credit card or bank account.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates and our and their directors, officers, agents, employee, suppliers, subcontractors, or licensors harmless from and against any losses, damages, and expenses (including legal fees and attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to any claims or demands made by any third party due to or arising out of a) your breach of this section 5 or clause 4.2 (h); or b) your violation of any applicable laws or regulations.
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferrable, assignable, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your trademarks and other intellectual property you may provide us to offer the Services to our end users. Furthermore, you shall not use or permit alnol’s name, trademarks, or logos in any advertisements, promotional literature, or information without the prior written consent of alnol. Where such consent is provided, the use of alnol’s name trademarks and logos shall be strictly following the permission and direction offered by alnol .
Warranties, Representations, and Undertakings
- You warrant, represent, and undertake that:
(b) you have all the necessary licenses, permissions, authorizations, proprietary rights, consents, and permits in the products you list or which are listed on your behalf and to sell and promote these products in Egypt;
(c) your listed products conform to the required quality and safety standards in Egypt;
(d) all products new (and not refurbished or used) are free from any defects;
(e) you are solely responsible for any liability arising from the purchase and use of your listed products by site users or other third parties;
(g) the product dimensions displayed by you on the site are correct and accurate. If the measurements are not proper, you will be liable for any additional shipping costs that you might incur.
- Subject to clause 7.1, the Services are provided to you on an “as is” basis without representations, warranties, or conditions of any kind. Accordingly, we disclaim all warranties, conditions, and representations of any kind, whether express, implied, or collateral, including, but not limited to, all conditions, representations or warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular or general-purpose, of non-infringement, of compatibility or that the Services are secure or error-free or will operate without interruption or will be provided in a timely or proper manner or at all.
- Furthermore, while we attempt to be as accurate as possible, we do not warrant that any Service’s product description or other content is correct, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Additionally, it is your responsibility to review the content of your listings for accuracy. You will not attempt to hold our catalog/content providers or us responsible for inaccuracies.
- In the event we, at our sole discretion, determine that you have breached any of the warranties, representations, and undertakings in clause 7.1:
(a) you shall be liable to pay a minimum sum of fifty thousand Egyptian pounds in compensation to us, in addition to any fine or levy imposed by any governmental authority or agency; Applicable fines and compensations are a result of a dispute case where both parties alnol and the Designer will have the chance to submit any needed documents or answer with a legal correspondence depending on the case or claim nature.
(b) We will withhold all payments pending by us to you until you have remedied such breach; and
(c) we may impose a financial penalty on you, to be determined at our sole discretion, for direct and indirect losses incurred due to the breach, including loss of reputation.
- Further, we shall impose a time-based conditional ban where you do not pay the entirety of the compensation and/or penalty set.
- Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal actions against you and report such products in breach of clause 7.1 to law enforcement authorities.
- The listing or sale of counterfeit products on alnol is prohibited. Every product sold on the alnol must be original and authentic and comply with our Handmade Policy . Counterfeit products which are not permitted include fakes, bootlegs, or pirated copies of products or content, and products which have been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured;
- It is solely your responsibility to ensure all of the products that are made available for sale on the site are original and authentic and do not infringe another party’s intellectual property rights;
- We reserve the right to verify and determine whether the products sold on the site are original and authentic. In the event we, at our sole discretion, choose a product is counterfeit or not 100% genuine:
(a) you shall be liable to pay a minimum sum of two hundred thousand Egyptian pounds in compensation to us, in addition to any fine or levy imposed by any governmental authority or agency;
(b) all payment pending by us to you will be withheld until such counterfeit issue is resolved; and
(c) we may impose a financial penalty on you, to be determined at our sole discretion, for direct and indirect losses incurred due to the counterfeit product being sold on the site, including that loss of reputation.
- Further, we shall impose a time-based conditional ban where you do not pay the entirety of the compensation and/or penalty set.
- Notwithstanding the above, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal actions against you and report such counterfeit products to law enforcement authorities.
- In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we (including our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates) and our directors, officers, agents, employees, suppliers, subcontractors, or licensors) are not liable. You agree not to hold us responsible for any damages or losses resulting directly or indirectly from:
(a) the content or other information you provide when using the Services;
(b) your use of or your inability to use our Services and/or delays or disruptions in our Services;
(c) pricing, shipping, format, or other guidance and information provided by us or used for product listings;
(d) any defects or damage to a product that occurred before our acknowledged receipt of your product;
(e) bugs, errors or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services, viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
(f) damage to your hardware device from the use of our site;
(g) the content, actions, or inactions of third parties using our Services;
(h) we took a suspension or other action for your use of the services;
(i) the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results; or
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, our parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their directors, officers, agents, employees, suppliers, subcontractors, or licensors harmless from and against any losses, damages, and expenses (including legal fees and attorney’s fees) (“Claims”) arising out of or relating to:
(a) our rejection of your product delivered to us by you under these Seller Terms;
(b) any claims or demands made by any third party (including costumes using our site) due to or arising out of your use of the Services;
(d) your violation of any applicable laws, including, without limitation, data protection or anti-spam laws as well as any anti-bribery, anti-corruption, export control, and sanctions laws;
(e) your listed products, including defects in the products, losses suffered by third parties arising from the use of your products; or
(f) how you use our Services, including, without limitation, that the content you post, the products you list, or trademarks infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party or that the content of your listings is slanderous, defamatory, obscene, or violates any other rights (including privacy rights) of any third party (including other site users).
Suspension and Termination of Account
- Termination of a Designer account is always possible through the Designer account menu or by sending an email to the assigned account manager 60 days before the desired termination date. All terms for account balance and order processing policies are applicable to conclude a Designer termination process.
- Prohibited items Policy
- Handmade Policy
- Packing Guidelines for Direct Shipping